Important information on your Dyson Guarantee
Your rights as a customer
Dyson machines come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. All rights provided under your Dyson Guarantee are in addition to any rights you have as a Consumer under the Australian Consumer Law.
You can find more information about your rights by visiting the ACCC's website.
What does the Dyson Guarantee cover?
All new Dyson consumer machines come with a 2 year Dyson Guarantee.
All refurbished Dyson consumer machines come with a 1 year Dyson Guarantee.
The Dyson Guarantee covers the repair or replacement of your Dyson machine (at Dyson’s discretion) if it is found to be defective due to faulty materials, workmanship or function within the guarantee period (if any part is no longer available or out of manufacture, Dyson will replace it with a functional replacement part).
What are the terms and conditions of the guarantee?
The terms and conditions of the Dyson guarantee are as follows:
- The guarantee becomes effective from the date of purchase.
- You must provide proof of purchase for your Dyson machine in order to make a claim under the Dyson guarantee.
- All work will be carried out by Dyson or its authorised agents.
- Any parts which are replaced by Dyson or its authorised agents will become the property of Dyson.
- The guarantee is valid in every country where the machine is supplied by Dyson or an appointed distributor.
Further Dyson Guarantee terms and conditions may apply, depending on the type of Dyson machine. Please see the leaflet provided in the box with your machine or the applicable User Manual available online for further details.
What is not covered by the Dyson Guarantee?
Exclusions to the Dyson Guarantee apply but may vary depending on the type of Dyson machine. Please see the leaflet provided in the box with your machine or the applicable User Manual available online for further details. Examples of exclusions to the Dyson Guarantee include:
- Damage caused by not carrying out the recommended machine maintenance.
- Accidental damage, faults caused by negligent use or care, misuse, neglect, carelessness or operation or handling of the machine which is not in accordance with the Dyson User Manual
- Use of the machine for anything other than the use it is designed for.
How to claim under your Dyson Guarantee
For support with your Dyson machine or to make a claim under your Dyson Guarantee or Australian Consumer Law, please contact the Dyson Customer Care Team.
Your Dyson machine may need to be inspected by one of our experienced technicians in order to determine the nature of the fault the machine and what remedy you may be entitled to under the Dyson Guarantee or Australian Consumer Law. If this is the case, the Dyson Customer Care Team will assist in arranging free delivery to Dyson by providing you with a reply paid tracking label.